This dropdown lets you select which field to use for your password field.
You can use either the built-in password field, or a custom text field of your choice.
We strongly recommend that you create a custom text field, and use that for your password. Newer versions of Memberium provide a built-in tool to create a custom password field if you do not already have one.
The create a custom password field, please see the instructions here
Using the built-in password field has the following drawbacks:
- Limited to 20 characters
- Must be stored in plain text
- Does not support encryption
- Is used for other purposes by Infusionsoft
- Requires an extra API call during some operations
- Incompatible with the new Infusionsoft order forms
We recommend that you create a custom field to use for your membership site password.
There are advantages to using the built-in password field:
- Provides a seamless migration from CustomerHub and older WordPress membership plugins
- Does not consume an extra field
- Is placed consistently in the contact and is easy to find